- 2 cans cooked black beans
- 8-10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 onion
- 1 red or yellow sweet pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 cups brown rice
- Chop cilantro, onion, and sweet pepper very fine.
- Sauté the rice for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the chopped onion, sweet pepper and cilantro and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add water or chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until rice is tender (20-35 minutes).
- Sauté the rice, beans reserved chopped onion, sweet pepper and cilantro together for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped cilantro just before serving.