- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small sunchokes, scrubbed, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a lid, over medium-high heat. Add sunchokes and ¼ cup water and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until Jerusalem artichokes are fork-tender, 8–10 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until water is evaporated and Jerusalem artichokes begin to brown and crisp, 8–10 minutes longer; transfer to a platter.
- Add rosemary and butter to skillet and cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns, about 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in vinegar, scraping up any browned bits. Spoon brown butter sauce and rosemary over sunchokes.