- 8 medium-large carrots
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground caraway + 1 tsp. ground coriander (or substitute 1 tsp. cumin)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the carrots until soft and tender.
- Sautée the finely chopped onion in 1 Tbsp of olive oil, on medium heat, until nice and golden.
- Mash the carrots (with a fork, or in a food processor). If using the food processor don’t puree them until smooth, they should still be a bit chunky.
- Add the cooked onion and all the other remaining ingredients.
- Mix well. You should have a nice chunky bright orange mash. Taste, and add a bit more salt or spices, as needed.
- Serve with toppings such as olives and hard boiled eggs, a good glug of olive oil on top, and a fresh baguette to scoop it up with.