- ½ cup of dried green beans (also called “mung beans”)
- ¼ cup of dried whole barley
- 1 honey date
- 5 cups of water
- 4 – 5 tsp of honey (optional)
- Rinse the green beans, barley, and honey date separately in cool water. Soak each ingredient in its separate covered bowl in hot water for 1 hour.
- Boil 5 cups of water in a small pot. Add in all ingredients except for the optional honey. Cook on medium-low heat for 1 hour or until the green beans and barley are soft.
- Mix in the optional honey and serve.