- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, like almond, coconut or rice milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup slivered almond or toasted walnuts
- Optional: fresh berries
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water in a fine mesh strainer and drain.
- Put the water, milk and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa, turn down the heat to medium low, cover the pot, and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more milk if needed. The cereal is done when the quinoa is soft and has the consistency of oatmeal.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Transfer to bowls and serve warm or cold with toasted nuts and fresh berries and stir in a teaspoon of ghee if desired.