- 3 medium chayote squash (about 8½ ounces each) peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped herbs
1. Place the chayote in a medium colander sitting inside a bowl, sprinkle with the salt and toss together. Let sit and drain for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, add the lime juice, mustard and sour cream. Gradually whisk in the oil to create an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour enough vinaigrette over the chayote, add the herbs and toss well. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.