- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium yellow or white onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium red potatoes (about 4 ounces each), quarter (do not peel)
- 3 medium zucchini (about 5 ounces each), halved crosswise, then halved lengthwise
- 3 medium red globe, beefsteak, or heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 corn ears, hused, the silks removed, and the ears broken in half (or 1 cup frozen corn kernels)
- 1 medium eggplant (about 12 ounces), stemmed and cut into six equal pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Italian sweet long peppers, such as cubanel or Italian frying peppers, stemmed, cored, and quartered lengthwise
- Warm the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until soft but not brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, corn, eggplant, and salt. Add the long peppers on top. Pour 1 cup water over the vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, shaking the pan frequently without stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil as a garnish to serve.
- Blue Zones | Mageirio – Ikarian Chunky Vegetable Stew
- Everything Summer Vegetable Stew / Mageirio
- Mageirio – Greek Summer Vegetable Stew | The Pauper’s Garden