- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 TBS dijon mustard, 1 TBS minced parsley
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- Cut Brussels Sprouts in half and slice as thin as possible or pulse to chop in food processor. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes before steaming.
- Chop or press garlic and slice onion and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Place onions on the bottom of the steamer basket with Brussels sprouts on top of onions. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. Dressing helps tenderize Brussels Sprouts.