- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh chanterelles, cleaned and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the peppers in a baking dish and put them in the oven. Roast them for 10 to 12 minutes. The skin will shrivel and begin to blacken in spots. Let the peppers cool in a paper bag. Remove the skin from them then slit the peppers open and remove the stems, seeds and veins.
- Put the peppers in a blender and add the lemon juice, sugar and salt. Blend to a smooth puree. Put the puree in a small saucepan and warm it slightly.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and add the onion. Cook for one minute, then add the chanterelles, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Put some of the red pepper puree in the middle of each plate. Cover the puree with mushrooms
- Serve with salmon, halibut or mackerel on top.
- Gold chanterelle recipes
- Mackerel with Chanterelles And Red Pepper Sauce
- Salmon With Chanterelles And Red Pepper Puree