- a winter Luxury pumpkin, moschata squash (cheese pumpkin), butternut squash or other pie pumpkin
- vegetable oil
- Cut the pumpkin in half.
- Remove stem and seeds (keep seeds to bake later).
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flat surface down.
- Coat top (outer pumpkin) with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 375F for one hour, or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- Remove, let cool.
- Scrape insides out and place in food processor, blend until puree is formed.
- Gently strain to remove excess liquid and you’re good to go!