- 3 Large Leeks, tops chopped off, discarded and bottoms cleaned and sliced.
- 1 Lb Chanterelle Mushrooms.
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced.
- 2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced.
- 3Tbsp Butter, unsalted.
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary.
- 1.5 Cups Arborio Rice.
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine.
- 5-6 Cups Chicken or Veggie Stock, well heated.
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter on low heat in large pan and add shallots, leeks and garlic, covering with lid. Saute 5 minutes, add the 3/4 Lb of mushrooms and cook a further 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add rice and sprig of rosemary, stirring until grains become slightly clear and golden on the outside, approximately 2 min.
- Add the wine, stir well, and allow for absorption by the rice and evaporation of the alcohol.Next ladle in enough stock to just cover the rice mixture and allow for a low simmer, stirring fairly regularly to avoid burning and encourage creaminess. Continue adding further ladles of broth as it gets absorbed, again only as much as is needed to cover the rice.
- Continue this for 30mins, or until rice mixture is creamy and has reached the desired texture. You want it to be soft but still hold its texture and not be mushy.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and about a Tbsp of butter. Stir well.
- Melt a Tbsp of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Toss in the rest of the mushrooms, saute until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle up some risotto and garnish with sauteed mushrooms.
- CHANTERELLE RISOTTO
- CHANTARELLE MUSHROOM & CARAMELIZED SHALLOT RISOTTO
- Grilled mushroom risotto
- Roasted Mushroom Risotto
- She Eats Chanterelle Leek Risotto