- 2 cup orange juice
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Make the syrup by combining the orange juice, water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove the syrup from the stove and allow to cool.
- Grease 8 x 12-inch baking pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and they can form a peak.
- Beat the egg yolks until light yellow; add the sugar, orange rind and vanilla and blend well.
- Add the egg whites a little at a time to the egg yolk mixture, alternating with 2 tablespoons of flour mixture until all used. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into diamond shapes. Pour the cooled syrup over the still warm cake. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- GREEK ORANGE AND HONEY SYRUP CAKE WITH YOGHURT AND PISTACHIOS
- GREEK ORANGE CAKE
- Greek Orange Cake (Portokalopita)
- ORANGE CAKE (PORTOKALOPITA)
- Kitchen Stories: Portokalopita – Greek Orange Filo Cake
- Orange Pie (Πορτοκαλόπιτα)
- Pantespani (Greek Orange Cake)
- Portokalopita, an Orange Phyllo Cake
- Traditional Greek Yogurt Cake with Orange Syrup (Portokalopita)