- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 firm but ripe pears, preferably Bosc, halved lengthwise and cored
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup walnut halves or pieces, toasted
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Have ready a roasting pan or baking dish that will just barely accommodate the pear halves in a single layer.
- Place the butter in the pan and place on the middle rack until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the pears, cut-sides down, in the butter.
- Roast the pears in the middle of the oven until almost tender, about 10 minutes, depending on the ripeness.
- Drizzle the vinegar over the pears and roast for 5 more minutes.
- Immediately transfer the pears, cut-sides down, to serving plates.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and rosemary and spoon some of the juices from the baking dish over the pears.
- Drizzle pears and cheese (if using) with honey (if using) and sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve at once.
- BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY
- Roasted Balsamic Pears
- Roasted pears with blue cheese & balsamic syrup