For The Main Kugel
- 2 bags of extra wide egg noodles (24 oz or 680 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (look below, you need more for the topping)
- 16 oz container of reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup golden raisins
For The Topping
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small little cubes, about 1/2 inch in size
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Coat a 9″x13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, less one minute so that they’re not too soft.
- Drain the noodles in a colander and return them to the large pot.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons of butter so that they coat the warm noodles.
- Mix in all of the sour cream, the vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon or spatula so that everything is evenly coated.
- Mix in the raisins so they’re distributed throughout.
- Transfer your noodles to the prepared baking dish.
- Dot your little butter cubes all over the top of the kugel.
- Mix your sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle all of it equally over the noodles.
- Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.