- 1 lb. fairy tale eggplants, halved lengthwise, stems intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh herbs, like rosemary or mint
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Toss the eggplants with a mix of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and coarsely chopped fresh herbs. Let stand to marinate while the grill is heating.
- Place the eggplants on the grill grate cut side down. Grill, covered, until grill marks appear, 1 to 5 minutes. Flip the eggplants and grill, covered, until completely tender, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Arrange cut side up on a serving platter. Whisk the lemon juice into the remaining oil mixture and drizzle over the eggplant. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- GRILLED FAIRYTALE EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE AND POMEGRANATE
- Grilled Fairytale Eggplant with Garlic & Mint
- Grilled Fairy Tale Eggplant with Rosemary Garlic Oil
- Roasted Fairy Tale Eggplant
- Roasted Fairy-Tale Eggplant
- Roasted Fairytale Eggplant
- Roasted Fairytale Eggplant Spread