- 2 Cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/4 t coriander
- 1/4 t oregano
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil to med-high heat. Saute onions for about 3 minutes or until they just start to become translucent.
- Add garlic and saute abut 30 seconds more.
- Add beans, broth, and remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add in a few squeezes of fresh lime juice.
- Use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula so smoosh some of the beans. You don’t want to pulverize them, but you want to take a bunch of good smooshes so that some of the beans are smashed, which will thicken the sauce.
- Serve as a side dish, or on top or rice.
- Basic Brazilian Beans
- Feijão – Brazilian Black Beans
- Feijoada (Black Bean Stew)
- How to Make Black Beans — Two Ways!!
- How to Make Feijoada, Brazil’s National Dish, Including a Recipe From Emeril Lagasse
- Quick and Easy Black Beans