- 1 lb medium crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tbs low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or wate
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium cloves garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS fresh rosemary
- few drops of soy sauce
- Chop or press garlic and for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 5 TBS broth or water in a covered stainless steel skillet on medium heat if using a medium size burners or on low if using a large size burner.
- Add the sliced mushrooms as soon as liquid begins to steam and cover with a tight fitting lid, for 3 minutes. They will release liquid as they cook.
- Remove the lid. Since Crimini Mushrooms are not as watery as other button mushrooms, it is best to stir constantly for the last 4 minutes. The liquid will evaporate, and the mushrooms will become golden brown but not burned. “Healthy Sauté” will concentrate both the flavor and nutrition of Crimini Mushrooms.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the Mediterranean dressing ingredients (and other optional ingredients) while they are still hot.