- day old rustic bread, cut in half
- vine-ripened tomato
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt or a fine flake salt
- fresh garlic
- Toast the bread over open flame, grill or in the broiler.
- Slice a clove of garlic in half and rub over the surface of the bread.
- Slice a tomato in half and rub it liberally across the bread, shredding the pulp in the process, until the bread is saturated enough or you just have the tomato skin remaining.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Season with salt.
- Celebrate Tomato Season! Tomaquet: Catalan Tomato Bread
- Olive Oil in the Catalan Kitchen: Pa amb Tomàquet, Two Ways
- Pa amb Tomàquet – Catalan Tomato Bread
- Tomato covered bread, turnovers and ‘coques’ [flat oven-baked dough with topping]