- One head of fresh escarole
- Kosher salt and freshlyt ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dry red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut the bottom ½ inch of the escarole (removing the stem) so all of the individual leaves are exposed.
- Wash the leaves in a large bowl with water.
- Steam the leaves for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the excess liquid and add salt and pepper to taste as well as 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss the ingredients well and add your thinly sliced garlic (you can add the red pepper flakes at this point as well).
- Finally, sauté the mixture for 8-10 minutes and serve in a medium sized bowl.
- Escarole Recipes Mariquita Farm
- Scordo.com Sautéed Escarole with Garlic
- Scarola aglio e olio (Sauteed Escarole)