- 10 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups (packed) coarsely torn day-old baguette with crust (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped Jamón Serrano
- Fruity Spanish olive oil (for drizzling)
- Stir 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon coarse salt in medium bowl to dissolve. Add bread; soak 30 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from bread; reserve soaking liquid.
- Puree half each of chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, Sherry wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and garlic in blender until very smooth. With machine running, gradually add half of bread, adding reserved soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls if mixture is too thick to blend. Puree until very smooth. With machine running, gradually add half of light extra-virgin olive oil (mixture will turn slightly orange). Transfer to large bowl. Repeat with remaining chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, Sherry wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, bread, and oil. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Season to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle chopped egg and ham over. Drizzle with Spanish olive oil and serve.
- Receta Salmorejo – Las mejores recetas de Salmorejo
- Salmorejo Cordobés Recipe – Bon Appétit
- Salmorejo Recipe