- 2 large European cucumbers, halved and seeded—1/2 cup finely diced, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Puree the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a high-powered blender.
- Season with salt and white pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Season the soup again just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
- Cold Cucumber Soup with Yogurt and Dill
- Gastronomer’s Guide: Cold Cucumber Soup
- Hungarian iced cucumber and dill soup
- NYT Cooking Chilled Cucumber Soup With Avocado Toast