- 3 cups (450g) mixed blueberries and blackberries (or use just one type), rinsed and drained on paper towels
- 2 tablespoons kirsch, eau de vie de myrtille, or crème de cassis (optional)
- 105 grams sugar, preferably organic (7 tablespoons)
- 40 grams unbleached all-purpose flour (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 35 grams almond flour (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 3 extra large eggs (165 grams)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 165 grams low-fat yogurt or kefir (2/3 cup, approximately)
- Toss berries in a medium bowl with the kKirsch, eau de vie or crème de cassis and 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Sift together all-purpose flour and almond flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9- or 10–inch ceramic tart pan or clafoutis dish.
- Beat eggs with remaining sugar, seeds from the vanilla bean or vanilla, and salt. Place a strainer over the eggs bowl and drain berries, allowing all of the liquid from the berries to run into the egg and sugar mixture. Whisk to combine. Arrange drained berries in the buttered baking dish.
- Beat the sifted flours into the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Add yogurt or kefir and combine well. Pour over fruit, scraping out all of the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the top is browned and the clafoutis is firm and puffed. Press gently on the top in the middle to see if it’s firm. If it isn’t, return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.