- 2 heads broccoli, 1 pound each, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons roasted (Asian) sesame oil
- large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar and salt. Add broccoli and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot, but not smoking. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil and pepper flakes. Pour mixture over broccoli and toss well.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature, and up to 48 (chill it if you want to keep it for more than 2 hours).
- Adjust seasonings (it may need more salt) and serve.