- 2 cups of coarse bulgur
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp currants
- 1 big eggplant or 2 medium size ones, peeled in stripes and diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Bake the diced eggplant for 20-25 minutes at 375F.
- Mix the minced garlic with the olive oil for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Heat the garlic oil.
- Add onions and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add pine nuts, red and green peppers, and currants. Stir until peppers are cooked and nuts are golden brown.
- Add diced tomato and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bulgur, stir constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Add water. Cover and cook on low-medium until bulgur soaks water, 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, cover the top of the pot with a clean kitchen towel or a paper towel. Put the lid back on and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the pilaf with a serving fork.
- Add eggplant and parsley, season wit salt & pepper, mix well and serve.