- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 2 cups of cannellini beans, canned or cooked, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- Mix the minced garlic with the olive oil for 5 minutes until fragrant
- Sauté the shallot in the garlic olive oil
- Mix in cannellini beans
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes
- Add the grated turmeric, salt and pepper to taste
- Puré the mixture with the juice of the lemon.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with coarsely ground black pepper.